As a Tortilla Maker at La Familia Cortez Restaurants, you are responsible for prepping the corn masa and flour dough in adherence to high quality and sanitation standards. Strict adherence to standardized recipes is critical and must be maintained at all times. Prepares the tortilla press for daily tortilla production. Responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Operation of kitchen equipment including tortilla maker.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of corn and flour products served daily.
- Ensures that sanitation standards are maintained by cleaning and sanitizing all utensils and preparation area.
- Assists in keeping all food storage areas, refrigerator, freezer, etc. clean and organized.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food items properly.
- Assists kitchen with food preparation as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with food preparation or cooking preferred but not required.
- Must be able to stand for up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Texas Food Handler’s Certification.