Food Servers are responsible for positive Guest interactions while ensuring an overall exceptional dining experience. Food Servers must be familiar with menu items and daily specials. Other duties, responsibilities and requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
Note: All Food Servers selected for the PM Shift at Mi Tierra must be able to work 12 hours on weekends.
- Ensure the satisfaction of all Guest by providing excellent and prompt service ensuring a pleasant dining experience;
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars;
- Obtains beverage, appetizer and food orders promptly and correctly;
- Accuracy with all bar transactions and handling of all cash and credit card settlements;
- Presents menu, answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and service;
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving;
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers Guest to Cashier;
- Responsible for side work including cleaning and folding silverware and side cleaning;
- Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each guest experience;
- Knowledge of the table numbering system by utilizing the table numbers referring to any specific table;
- Knowledge, understanding and competency of our POS system;
- Check out with Manager On Duty (MOD) before leaving for the day;
- certified by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission to serve and sell alcohol;
- Certified Texas Food Handler;
* If you have a resume, please attach a digital version to the application form below.
The Cortez Family of Restaurants is dedicated to fair and equitable employment practices. Team Members are recruited, hired, trained, compensated, evaluated, disciplined and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other lawfully protected status.