It is the Prep Cook’s role to be responsible for preparing food products in adherence to MTC’s high quality and sanitation standards. Strict adherence to standardized recipes is critical and must be maintained at all times. The Prep Cook will welcome all Guests with a warm, sincere smile and guide them through the ordering process. It is the Prep Cook’s role to work as partners and teammates with all Viva Villa staff. Other duties, responsibilities and requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- To understand and practice all MTC policies, procedures, and regulations;
- To be certified by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission to sell alcohol;
- To act as a role model to fellow Team Members by displaying a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity;
- To be the best Teammate in a Teamwork environment. Always go out of your way to help your fellow Team Members;
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served;
- Ensures that sanitation standards are maintained by cleaning and sanitizing all utensils and preparation area.
- Assists Kitchen Lead position with food preparation as assigned;
- Understands kitchen equipment and the operation of the equipment;
- Follows MTC’s recipes, portion controls, methods, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant;
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes;
- Assists in keeping all food storage areas, refrigerator, freezer, etc. clean and organized;
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food items properly;
- Has and practices great organizational skills
- Assists in the Serving Line when needed;
- Assists in other assignments during off-peak periods as needed;
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas;
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in work station;
- Greet Guest with a warm, sincere smile and inform them of specials. Make suggestions and answer questions regarding food, beverage, and service;
- To possess and utilize Hospitality skills; execute MTC Service Brand, Con Mucho Gusto.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Kitchen Lead position.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must obtain/have current TABC and TX Food Handlers certificate
- Some food handling or cooking experience preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast mobility for periods up to 4 hours in length and lift up to 45 lbs. or more.
* If you have a resume, please attach a digital version to the application form below.
Cortez Family of Restaurants is dedicated to fair and equitable employment practices. Team Members are recruited, hired, trained, compensated, evaluated, disciplined and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other lawfully protected status.