As a line cook at La Familia Cortez Restaurants, you are responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the grill, fry and other areas of the line. The line consists of 3 to 5 crew members working side-by-side in a very demanding environment, this is a team position. Other duties responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of products served daily.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food items properly.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old..
- Previous line cook experience, preferably in a high volume restaurant.
- Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to stand for up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to forty-fifty (40-50) pounds.
- Texas Food Handler’s Certification.
- High Grooming Standards